Wednesday, January 21, 2009

'The Weather Within'


It's that time of the month again. No, not THAT time of the month (blushing)-- no indeed, I'm talking about the monthly The Nibblefest Art Contest, that begins on the 20th of each month. The theme for January is 'Winter Wonderland'. One new aspect this time, as the rules were recently changed, is that participants are now allowed to upload up to three entries. While it's only my third month participating in the contest, having enjoyed it so much so far, I made special effort to complete three entries in time.

This 6 x 8 entry is titled 'The Weather Within'. I set out to do something different from the obvious winter landscape scene (of which my other two 'Winter Wonderland' entries already featured), and this is what I must say rather painted itself when I sat down to work without a direct plan or any preparatory sketching -- a female, gazing into a turbulent snow globe, with a small, indistinct figure apparently trapped inside. Indeed, I'm sure this can be open to any manner of interpretation:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NFAC-The-Weather-Within-Original-by-PATIENCE_W0QQitemZ150322315912QQcmdZViewItemQQptZArt_Paintings?hash=item150322315912&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

No comments: