Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Meet Miss Liberty....


Finished!



She nearly hijacked my life there for a bit, but, I am happy to report she's done! All I have left to do is to gesso and varnish her according to her future owner's request (he wants to actually paint her himself) -- but soon she will make her merry way to her new home a thousand+ miles away. In any case, she is exactly 10 feet to the top of her torch flames, though note that, for easier shipping and storage (plus my 8 foot ceilings), she has been made with a detachable right arm (seen in front posing next to her)... Practical, no?

3 comments:

Marlene said...

She is absolutely amazing!

studio pashnada said...

OMG!!! She's perfect! I don't think I could ever do this - not enough patience

Karen S said...

Wow! Absolutely amazing! And I love the practicality of the detachable arm.