Thursday, January 19, 2012

By Especial Request: "Blue Phoenix" Painting....


I'm very proud of my son.....




A creative soul, his 18-year-old self is in his second year of living across the country far away from us, studying classical ballet at a renown studio in a big city on the coast, in hopes of making professional dance his career of choice.

(Photography credit:  Dan Merlo)


A wonderful dancer and excellent student, he is working very hard out there.

In addition to ballet he also loves music, in particular the Techno and Trance genres, and enjoys tinkering with and composing his own techno/trance inspired songs.

And so it was with special interest and motivation that, when my son requested a painting from me of a 'Blue Phoenix', as something he might use as an icon/logo/emblem as part of his DJ persona and online musical presence, I was only too happy to oblige. It took a little time to design, execute and complete, but I love doing art for family and friends so it was a particularly fun and enjoyable challenge for me. As such I managed to finish it up in time to give to him at the Holidays when he was home briefly (too brief!) for a visit....:



"Blue Phoenix", as requested by my son.




2 comments:

Unknown said...


Painting is the art of creating pictures by applying color to a face. Also Painting is the practice of applying paint, pigment, color or other medium to a surface. I get pleasure the information you are providing in your website about painting. Thanks
phoenix painting

Patience said...

Pleasure to meet you, Dina, and thanks so much for the kind comment. I appreciate your taking the time to read my blog and leave nice remarks -- come again soon, and thanks again!