Friday, April 26, 2013

"RedWood" for the 'Artists for a Cure' Community Art Show




Tonight marks the inaugural opening of a local art show, called 'Artists for a Cure', which its organizers are hoping to make an annual event.  Artists here in my locality were invited to contribute works of art, with all proceeds to benefit the American Cancer Society's "Relay for Life of Champaign County".   As a cancer 'Survivor' myself (happily in remission and aiming to stay that way) I was glad to donate.   My offering for the show is entitled 'RedWood' -- a piece I painted back in late 2011 (click to read the background story behind this painting)....:


"RedWood" (8.5 x 10.5) painted on a support I created myself from an old frame










"RedWood", my contribution to the 'Artists for a Cure' local art show


Locals interested in seeing this piece in person make their way over to the Indi-Go Art Gallery, where the show will run through the weekend.   The opening is tonight -- come enjoy snacks and live music and support a great cause....!







2 comments:

Annie - said...

SO GLAD I stumbled on to your Blog! Really Love your work and enjoyed looking/reading :-D Can't wait to see what you are up to next.

Patience said...

Greetings Annie, and many thanks for the lovely comment! So glad you stumbled upon my blog as well....always a pleasure meeting fellow artists and discovering interesting blogs, so, as a brand new follower of 'Art Licensing from My Seat on the Bus', here's looking very much forward to your future updates -- and thanks again, Annie! :-D