Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 17 of the '29 Faces' Challenge brings us another Painted Rock: "Blue Demon"



Firstly, just a note to once again thank everybody so much for all the wonderful comments and emails you have been so generous as to leave me with!   I am so enjoying hearing from everyone -- the feedback is wonderful and I really do so appreciate receiving it.  As for your emails, please know I am very nearly caught up again -- so if you haven't received a return email response from me yet, you can expect one very soon...

And now, my Face for Day 17 of the '29 Faces in February' Art Blog Challenge ....

This one was actually a project I worked on and mentioned back on Day 4 of the Challange --a painted 'rock'...that actually isn't a rock at all, but rather a chunk of concrete sidewalk I stumbled across in the gutter one day while strolling in my neighbourhood.  I don't know what propelled me to pick it up in the first place, but I'm so glad I did because the minute I laid eyes on it, I could see a funny little face staring right back at me.  

Meet a wee little 
"Blue Demon"

A little Gargoyle-like Creature from a found chunk of concrete sidewalk, painted on all sides following the natural curves, contours and crevices of the rock......







Very craggy surface.  Very textured.  But still I feel I was able to coax out his features....


A view to his left.


I love his maniacal expression -- he makes me chuckle just to look at him.


What a find.  I adore this little guy!

Tongue hanging out, lol....



Just look at that face!

And again, my usual little blurbie about my painted rocks:

...Typically, a rock... is just a rock. But sometimes, when luck smiles upon me, very special ones reveal themselves. Then I 'see' rock people, little figures hidden within the naturally formed bumps, corners and crevices of ordinary stones -- Nature's very own sculpture. With the help of a bit of paint, I enjoy 'liberating' these unique wee folk for others to enjoy as well.....  

 (To see more of my painted rocks, click on the 'Painted Rocks' label for this post -- as well as visiting my Painted Rock Gallery on EBSQ)....


2 comments:

Rebeca Trevino said...

your little rock person is fabulous!
really!

Patience said...

Thanks so much Rebeca! Really wish you and everyone could see him in person -- I try and try, but my little rock people NEVER look as good in photos or onscreen as they do in real life!

In any case, with this little fellow...? His one major flaw is that, despite the fact his bottom is quite flat, he wants to sit at a strong angle, and with a head bigger than his botom, it makes him quite top-heavy and thus 'tippy'. I will have to address this issue one of these days. I really dont' like 'adding' anything to my rocks (other than paint) -- but in this case he needs a little 'base' or some such in order to help him stay upright for proper display.... ;-)