Sunday, April 3, 2011

Breast Cancer Series:  10 x 10 'Birds of a Feather"

Here we have the 4th painting of my Breast Cancer Series.  In keeping with the bird theme, it's entitled 'Birds of a Feather', as with that old saying: "Birds of a feather, flock together...".  Oh, how I realized this to be true as I myself was diagnosed and undergoing breast cancer treatment.  I found myself really reaching out and wanting to connect with others who understood what I was going through, and so appreciated the support I found in fellow survivors who had gone or were undergoing through similar circumstances.  It was really wonderful to be able to ask questions and compare notes with these compassionate women.  And I feel very privileged that I was able to tap into such a helpful and supportive network (an affiliate of the YSC (Young Survivor's Coalition),  an organization with which I am still active and involved today.   

No comments: